Pentaho Enterprise Architect - North America
Pentaho Enterprise Architects are technical champions and evangelists who guide customers through their implementation of a business intelligence solution using Pentaho. These individuals are customer- and sales-oriented, are capable of independently developing sophisticated BI and data integration solutions, and present technical solutions to broad audiences. The right candidate for this position has a proven track record as a principal consultant with superior technical skills, the ability to lead small teams and to manage strategic client relationships.
- Coordinates technical kick-off sessions by providing detailed product architecture overviews and determining the customer's design, integration and development plans
- Coordinates review meetings with Pentaho’s senior technical resources. These meetings provide customers with status updates on Pentaho’s product roadmap, release schedules and specific product features that are relevant to their Pentaho applications
- Researches and resolves installation, configuration, deployment and upgrade issues; acts as advocate for customer and liaison to Pentaho’s Engineering, Product Management and Support organizations
- Assists with architecture, design, development, integration, performance tuning, rollout, support and optimization of customer’s implementation of Pentaho products
- Mentors customer's staff members in the use of Pentaho technologies and best practices
- Coordinates delivery of any onsite consulting / training services that customer has purchased
- Develops sample applications demonstrating the use of Pentaho product's advanced functionality and APIs
- Identifies best practices and develops content for training courses and the Pentaho knowledge base
- Participates in the onboarding and mentoring of other consultants
- Superior listening, speaking, presentation and writing skills
- Self-directed with the ability to manage simultaneous engagements with minimal supervision
- Ability to set and manage client expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues
- Ability to explain Pentaho products, technical benefits and integration points to management and technical audiences
- Familiarity with commercial open source business and licensing models
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior ISV consulting and\or pre-sales experience
- 7-10 years experience working with business intelligence and data integration tools and development processes such as dimensional modeling
- 5-7 years experience working with core infrastructure technologies such as operating systems (Linux, Windows, Solaris), application servers (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic), relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL), security architectures (CAS, Spring Security, LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory) and networking (HTTP/SSL/load balancing)
- 3-5 years experience performing architect-level design for large scale end-user implementations
- Preference will be given to candidates with SaaS/multi-tenancy, benchmarking and performance tuning expertise
- Familiarity with Java software development, enterprise software architectures, and agile methodologies are a strong plus
Minimum Education (or substitute experience)
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university with a major in business, computer science or MIS required
- Masters degree in business, computer science or MIS a strong plus
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, French, German) a plus
- Position requires the ability to travel up to ten fifteen days per month
Pentaho is building the future of business analytics. Pentaho’s open source heritage drives continued innovation in its modern, integrated, embeddable Business Analytics platform. Built for blending and accessing all data sources across the platform includes a spectrum of visualization and analytical tools, including predictive. With an industry-leading adaptive big data layer Pentaho supports all of the leading Hadoop distributions, NoSQL databases and high performance analytic databases. Pentaho offers the broadest support for big data analytics, integration, and orchestration of big and traditional data sources eliminating coding or advanced skills. The company has over 1200 commercial customers today, with over 10,000 production deployments. For more information, please visit www.pentaho.com.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance and 401(k) plan.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.